The success of an online store can be attributed to many factors: the design and user-friendliness of the website, what products and services are on offer, how they are displayed, as well as the ease of shopping, checkout and delivery. If you’ve covered most of these angles and your customers are happily browsing through your store, they will soon come to one point in their purchasing process that cannot be compromised on in quality – the checkout process.
With the high incidences of card fraud on a global scale, people are becoming more and more wary of releasing their card details, particularly online. By using a safe, secure and well-known payment gateway system like PayU, your customers will feel more secure when shopping on your website.
In addition to this, consider that your customers will be more likely to make a purchase if the payment process is as easy as possible. This means that your payment gateway should accept multiple payment methods and should have the functionality to allow it to be plugged in to various different shopping carts.
Have a look at our simple step-by-step guide to getting started when it comes to accepting payments made online:
- Ensure that you have your business account set up with your bank.
- Ensure that your website is up and running and that your shopping cart functionality is tested and working perfectly.
- Contact your preferred payment gateway system provider and fill in an application form. Choose which payment system package you would like and how many different types of online payment methods you would like to offer your customers.
- Once you receive the integration documentation from your payment gateway provider, pass this onto your website developers to link your shopping cart to the gateway API.
- You will then wait to receive a specialised, unique software key. Once this has been received, your developers will be able to link the gateway to your shopping cart.
- Congrats! Now you’re a-for-away and can start receiving payments online for your products or services!
Getting started with accepting payments online is easy when you have a company that provides secure payment gateway systems on your side. By using a reputable payment gateway system provider, you will be giving your customers the assurance that their details are always safe – and yours are, too!
Get in touch with PayU today and we will help you get started. With various packages and multiple payment method options, there is something for every type, shape and size of eCommerce store.